A challenging career opportunity,
do you want to be a part of a success story?
BankDhofar is one of the leading banks in the Sultanate providing highly differentiated and unique financial services and solutions in both conventional and Islamic banking to targeted customer segments in the Sultanate.
This is a great career opportunity to join one of the most progressive and fastest growing Omani Banks with the vision to become the Best Bank in the Gulf, it terms of customer experience, innovation, technology, and talent. We have a great working environment and culture of customer focus, transparency, integrity, and innovation.
With a strong growth and diversification strategy, we have a great career opportunity for competent, creative and motivated individual who is willing to be part of winning transformation team.
Assistant Manager – Database Administrator
Muscat, Oman, BankDhofar (IT Department - Technology Operations)
- Bachelor in computer science, information technology or similar academic disciplines.
- Oracle Certified Professional (DBA).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Database Administration.
- Good Knowledge in Banking & Financial environment preferred.
- Advanced skills and good experience in
- Databases: Oracle 12c,11g & MS SQL
- Operating Systems: UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux), Windows
- Advanced skills in PL-SQL/SQL script writing
- Good knowledge & experience in Oracle RAC.
- Assess and Develop long-term strategic goals for databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Work with application development team to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Manage and administer the various Oracle databases installed at the bank and ensuring that the configuration of these databases are in line with the baseline security documents and other industry standards.
- Ensure high availability (24*7) of databases used in the bank.
- Install and configure Oracle RAC databases on UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, Linux) & Windows platform.
- DR configuration & maintenance of databases
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Installation of Oracle RAC databases and creation of databases for new projects.
- Upgrading the Database to the latest version available.
- Migration of database’s across platforms whenever required.
- Apply & test the latest database patches across multiple environments.
- Configuring DR environment for Oracle databases.
- Monitor the databases, backups, DR environment on daily basis and ensure that the RTO/RPO is maintained as per the BCP / DR documents.
- Tune the databases for high performance and security.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Manage changes by ensuring that problem management and change management procedures are adhered to and problems tracked to resolution
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Ensure that the databases are complied with baseline security document.
- Support Database of various applications used in Test, DR & Production environment.
If you are ready to be part of this exciting journey and feel strongly that you are up-to the challenge then please apply on firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the respective position & code.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.